Nobody likes to have body odor or gross sweat stains on their shirts but at what cost are you willing to pay to not sweat? Did you know that deodorants and antiperspirants are two different things?
Anti-perspirants are created using aluminum to block your sweat glands and keep you from sweating. Aluminum builds up over time and does not go away and has been linked to breast cancer and Alzheimer’s Disease. This should make us think twice about what we are putting on our bodies! Popular antiperspirants also contain parabens, another worrisome ingredient often found in beauty products. Used as preservatives, parabens are synthetic and mimic estrogen, which can disrupt the natural balance of the body’s endocrine system. Another problematic, yet common, ingredient in antiperspirant is synthetic fragrance, which, - besides being formulated out of hundreds of unregulated and undisclosed ingredients (yep, all hiding inside that one word “fragrance”) - is only there to cover up stink with pretty flowers and ocean breeze. More often than not, antiperspirant fragrance only mingles with your stink, causing that dreaded B.O. smell – you know the one.
Deodorants allow your body to sweat, cooling itself and removing toxins at the same time. It’s how God made us! Our bodies are covered with sweat glands and when sweat is secreted it is odorless, it only stinks when it interacts with the bacteria growing on our skin. Deodorants stop the bad odor because it attacks the bacteria on your skin. No need for fake synthetic smells when your deodorant is full of bacteria-fighting-goodness!
Daily Tips for Reducing Body Odor:
Clean Dieting: When food is consumed it is broken down into compounds that circulate into your bloodstream and eventually move your pores where they come out in your sweat, urine and breath. Avoid foods that increase body odor such as garlic, onions, strong spices, refined sugar, dairy products and fried foods. If a particular food makes you gassy or you seem to smell worse after having consumed it, try cutting back on that item.
Purposeful Showering: Daily showering with essential-oil-filled-Cheeky-Maiden-Soap can reduce the bacteria growing on your skin. Be sure to dry off thoroughly, bacteria thrive in damp, dark areas. You want your skin as dry as possible before applying deodorant.
Careful Laundering: Clean your clothes thoroughly. Damp sweaty clothes are more likely to smell so be sure to use our great anti-bacterial laundry soap! It’s great for work clothes, sweaty work out clothes, shoes and inserts, delicates... everything!
Regular Stress Level Checks: Check your stress levels. It can make us sweat and in particular, ‘hormonal stress’ actually smells different because its higher in fat and protein molecules.
WHAT IS SO GREAT ABOUT NATURAL DEODORANTS? Unlike antiperspirants, Cheeky Maiden Soap Co. natural deodorants do not contain any synthetic or toxic ingredients. This is a big plus for people who are mindful of what they are putting into their bodies. There is no worry about any synthetic, unhealthy ingredients going into the skin. But be careful…not all deodorants are natural. Many popular brands contain baking soda, which is a cheap filler and contains aluminum. It can also be an irritant for some people. Be sure to read the label. If you can’t pronounce it, don’t use it!
Sweating Less?! People who use our deodorant find that they tend to sweat less than when using an antiperspirant. This makes complete sense when you think about how our bodies are designed. When we sweat we are cooling ourselves off and removing toxins from our body. If we are constantly slathering on toxic chemicals, our body must purge and get rid of the toxins so you sweat them out.
Here are a list of the beneficial ingredients included in Cheeky Maiden deodorants:
- Beeswax: Helps keep the deodorant in a solid form which makes it super easy to travel with.
- Coconut Oil: A natural anti-bacterial agent that helps to kill fungus, yeast and bacteria. It helps the deodorant glide on smoothly so you don’t rip your armpit hair out!
- Arrowroot Powder: Is made from the roots of arrowroot plants and is super absorbent and helps wick away moisture.
- Essential Oils: Remember those pesky bacteria that we talked about earlier? Well the essential oils we use are great anti-bacterial agents and help to get rid of and kill the bad bacteria growing on your skin.
Curious about the value of our deodorants compared to similar natural products on the market?
Cheeky Maiden Deodorant $5.99
Burt’s Bees (Owned by Clorox) $5.49
Tom’s of Maine (owned by Colgate) $4.49
Secret Clinical Strength $7.99
Benefits Summed Up:
- Reduce your toxic exposure to aluminum which has been linked to breast cancer and Alzheimer’s.
- Great for folks with skin sensitivities, allergies, wanting to be more eco-friendly.
- Our deodorant is all plant based, bio-degradable and safe for every member of your family.
- Your skin is not exposed to heavy chemicals, dyes and fake fragrances
- Clothes last longer because they are not exposed to a plethora of harsh chemicals.
- Buy a deodorant and we give a deodorant away to one of our homeless brothers and sisters on the street.
- Men, Women and Children
- Travelers, campers, gardeners
- Chemotherapy patients
For Best Results:
Apply sparingly to clean skin. In the summer time you may need to apply twice daily.